Mr.S.Arthiyan [Lecturer (probationary)]
Room No , Second floor, NSB II building
I have graduated from the University of Jaffna with B.Sc. Honours degree in 2016 and reading my M.Sc in Environmental Science from Postgraduate Institute of Science, University of Peradeniya.
I teach Environmental biology and Animal diversity for the Undergraduates.
Prizes & scholarships
- Professor Kanthia Gunaratnam Gold medal for the best overall performance in Pure & Applied Science – 2015.
- A. Thurairajah Gold medal for the all-round performance at the Faculty level of the Faculty of Science – 2015.
- University full colours – Basketball – 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Sivaramani prize – 201.
- Vatsaladevi Ponnudurai memorial Scholarship – 2011.
- Best fresh men – Basketball – 2011
ivaruban,A.& Arthiyan,S., (2006, May). The occurrence of fish kills in “Ariyakulam”. Jaffna Science Association.
Eswaramohan,T., Arthiyan,S., & Murugananthan,A. (2017). A first report on Lychas srilankensis (Lourenco,1997) (Scorpiones: Buthidae) in Jaffna Peninsula, Northern part of Sri Lanka, 5(5), 1637-1642.
Sivaruban,A.& Arthiyan,S., (2016, May). The occurrence of fish kills in “Ariyakulam”. Jaffna Science Association.
Arthiyan,S., Jeyasutha,R., Bakthameera,K., Murugananthan,A.,& Eswaramohan,T. (2015). International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications: Morphological identification and molecular level confirmation of Heterometrus swammerdami (Scorpiones; Scorpionidae) Simon, 1872 in Jaffna peninsula,5(12), 265-269.
My major research area is based on the Environment and Conservation. I have worked on the venom of scorpions. I’m currently working on the projects related to water and lagoon sciences.